The Institute’s ongoing projects are classified as follows.
|Title:||Studies on Gas Hydrate Exploration & Technology Development for its Exploitation|
* Delineating prospective zones for gas-hydrates
* Characterizing gas-hydrates reserviors
* Understanding the petroleum system
* Evaluating the resource potential
* Recommending sites for validation
|Duration:||04/2004 - 06/2013 Ext. 03/2020|
|Participants:||Dr. Kalachand Sain, Dr. Maheshwar Ojha, Dr. N. Satyavani.|
|Title:||Shale gas potentiality evaluation of Damodar basin of India|
* 3D high resolution seismic survey for shale gas exploration and also associated structural features of Damodar Basin.
* 3D Shallow Seismic to demarcate shale horizons, drilling Geo-chemical and petro-physical measurements.
|Duration:||04/2013 - 03/2016 Ext. 05/2017 - 11/2018|
|Participants:||Dr. H. V. S. Satyanarayana, Dr. M. S. Kalpana, Mr. G. S. Srinivas, Mr. G. Vasudevan, Dr. D. Mysaiah, Mr. K.N.S.S.S. Srinivas, Mr. P. Pavan Kishore, Mr. M. Srihari|
|Title:||Coal Bed Methane(CBM) reserves estimation for Indian Coalfields|
|Objective:||Development of reliable methodology for estimation of CBM reserves for carving out CBM blocks under the prevailing conditions of Gondwana coalfields and reduction of associated uncertainities.|
|Duration:||09/2014 - 08/2017 Ext.03/2019|
|Participants:||Dr. H. V. S. Satyanarayana, Dr. D Mysaiah, Mr. K. V. V. Seshagiri, Mr. G. S. Srinivas, Mr. K.N.S.S.S. Srinivas, Mr. P. Pavan Kishore, Mr. B. R. K.Venkatapathi, Mr. M. Srihari Rao, Ms. K. Dhanam, Mr. G. Suresh|
|Title:||Characterization, quantification and genesis of gas hydrate in Krishna-Godavari(KG) basin, Bay of Bengal using benthic foraminiferal, geochemical and geophysical studies|
|Objective:||To pursue geophysical study to bring out a comprehensive model explaining the geological, geochemical and micro-biological outcomes pursued by ISM, Dhanbad and WIHG, Dehradun and shed light on the genesis of gas-hydrates in KG basin|
|Duration:||04/2015 - 03/2018|
|Participants:||Dr. Kalachand Sain|
|Title:||Carbon dioxide & Methane Hydrate phase stability in sandy and clay environment: Laboratory studies|
* Systematic experiments proposed in this study will throw some light on the hydrate formation/dissociation kinetics on both CH4 & Co2 in porous medium.
* Methane & Carbon dioxide Hydrate formation / dissociation kinetics in porous medium.
* Stability of Hydrates at different p, T conditions.
* Study of CH4 hydrates saturation in natural cores.
|Duration:||07/2015 - 07/2017 Ext. 01/2019|
|Participants:||Dr. P. S. R. Prasad|
Page Last Updated On : 08-02-2018